Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Third Posting

The Video broke down the process into steps. The video was very informative and I think that this would be useful software to use in a classroom. Us as teachers would be able to use it in many ways such as slideshows, or a graph to show data, and even as diagrams. It's also a great way to brainstorm and even when you want the class to get involved and assist you in brainstorming. I personally could use it to show the percentages of minerals and nutrients in certain feeds compared to the price that they cost. This will help insure us that we are actually getting what we are paying for. 

Technology is a large asset in today's society. It has also worked it's way into the classroom, and to be truthful I think it could and in some ways have been a blessing. It helps prepare students for what's in the future.  In my field there's a lot of breaking down of animal systems and exploring those parts and how each one of them assist the other one to form the system, we also assign a lot of writing of journals, research papers, and abstracts.  With technology they can do research inside or outside of the class.  They can even post it in a blog, or on one of the websites such as kidscribe so that they can retain tips and get there paper critiqued by peers.For me I never fully understand the topic that I have prepared to teach until I have taught it to an actual class, and still then the more I teach it the better I learn and understand it.  

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same as you do, and i agree that in our feid that sometimes you have to make some subject that you have to go into details about makes it hard for fifteen year olds to pay attention. I think that with a mix of "old school" and new technology we make that "AG" classes more informaive,interesting, and educational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your plans to use the technology in the classroom sounds very interesting. So much so that I would take your class just to learn something about agriculture. If you stick with that plan I also think that your students will be interested and more intune with whatever your going to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand what you mean about how our society uses a lot of technology. I remember when I was in middle school like 10-12 years ago the teacher saying that one day the classrooms were going to become paperless and that we would all have our own laptops. I think that this is jsut another step towards that goal of being paperless in the classroom. I think the program would be a great success in the classrooms and especially in your line of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i feel that your ideas are good, Technology is a great tool in educating in todays youth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal you make some very good points. I like how you linked the program to yourself and how it can help you sort through the different types of feeds through percentages. I never really thought of using it that way, but it is a fantastic idea. I think this program will really catch on and become as common as power point and other programs we use so much.

    ReplyDelete