Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 4: Assignment

Excel is a great attribute in the classroom it is a great way to show data. It also gives the teachers a clear canvas so that they create there own form of presentation to show the students.  It allows your to present, calculate and store data I think that is a great asset to have. I have used excel for many things anywhere from teaching equine classes to keeping up with my bills and my checkbook. I honestly don't think that I could live without it.  I love being able to make a worksheet of a horse and have them fill in the blanks with the proper answer.  I also use it to create a schedule program for the week that way my roomie and i can coordinate who cooks and so on. When I use it to keep up with my checkbook i'll have to say that it is so much more convenient that having to pull a calculator out and use it over and over again.

I believe that people who are use to excel take one look at it and get intimdated by it and never attempt to use it.  Especially those who try to use the formula portion of it. 

After using excel to create and maintain a gradebook, I will definitely use this when I become a teacher it will be more suffiicient than a paperback gradebook that you can lose.  I also believe that the calculator is a lot more dependable than my old rusty mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment